Season: Late August (PYO). August-January (Market)
Starting Wednesday, June 14, all pick-your-own customers must receive and wear a wristband when in the fields and orchard.
Customers may obtain wristbands in two ways:
- Having a Pick-Your-Own club member card. This costs $5 and is good for 10% off ALL pick-your-own purchases throughout the entire harvest season. Pick-Your-Own club members will receive wristbands for two adults and children 18 and under who are accompanying the club member.
- Paying a $3 entry fee. This is good for one person, one day only. Children 18 and under will receive a wristband but do not need to pay entry fee if accompanied by paying adult.
Check back for additional 2017 pricing information.
Our varieties of pears include:
- Bartlett & Red Bartlett
- Harrow’s Sweet
- Pick pears before they are fully ripe because their flavor does not improve if left on the tree to ripen and they also start to drop when they are fully yellow.
- Harvest pears that are turning from green to yellow.
- Grasp the stem between your thumb and forefinger and twist upwards. Do not pull down on the fruit.
- Leave pears at room temperature to ripen.