Season for Strawberries: Late May / early June through the end of June / beginning of July. Finished for 2018.
Our strawberries are planted on raised, plastic-lined beds with plenty of straw in between the rows to keep you and your kids from getting muddy. (Although we can’t guarantee you’ll be totally mud-free!)
We require wristbands for everyone entering the pick-your-own areas, which allows us to identify people who are in the orchard as paying pick-your-own customers. This leads to greater security for us and for you, ensuring that everyone who is on the property is accounted for. It is also a way for us to keep overall costs down by ensuring that everyone is paying for the fruit they pick.
WRISTBANDS ARE FREE ON NON PEAK DAYS – MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY, excluding holidays.
- Wristbands are always free for children five years old and younger who are accompanied by a paying parent or legal guardian.
- Wristbands are $2 for customers 6 years old and up on peak days (Fridays, Saturdays, Independence Day, Labor Day and Columbus Day in 2018).
Check back for our 2019 pricing.
- Avoid pale red berries and berries with green tips. Strawberries will not ripen after you pick them!
- Pick all the ripe berries, big and small. Smaller berries are often sweeter. Sweetness also depends on the variety.
- When picking, be sure the cap, or green top, remains on the strawberry by pinching the stem of the berry between your thumb and forefinger.