COVID-19 Updates & Regulations
- If you are immunocompromised, we encourage you to come early in the day and mid-week to avoid larger numbers of PYO customers.
- This year, to reduce contact between customers and staff, we will NOT be requiring wristbands OR an admission fee on ANY day of the week.
- ***Customers will need to be able to walk a little distance to arrive to fruit!!
Containers – Due to COVID-19, all customers must use our (pre-paid) containers.
- Customers may reuse Weaver’s Orchard containers from a previous visit.
- Customers may not use their own containers/bowls/baskets from home.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept back used containers.
- **REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GIVEN (some exceptions may be made due to severe weather)
- IN ADDITION: Each adult (16 years+) admitted into the field must purchase at least one 1-quart container. (One 5-quart bucket is good for 5 adults.)
*There is no minimum container requirement for children under the age of 16.
**THERE IS NO GENERAL ADMISSION FEE THIS YEAR.
- PYO Club Cards – $10 each (return customers must pay to renew card for 2020 season)
- The PYO Club Card provides 10% off all pick-your-own purchases throughout the season. (Most customers find this card pays for itself within the first two visits.)
COVID-19 Policies for PYO Customers
- All customers must wash hands at one of our hand washing stations before checking in at PYO shed.
- Customers will not be required to wear gloves. (If you feel more comfortable wearing gloves, you may request a pair from our staff at check in.)
- All customers checking in to pick will be required to wear a mask while in line, during the whole check in process, and while walking to the designated picking areas. Anyone without a mask other than for a health reason will not be permitted to enter the picking field. *Children ages 2 and under are exempt from needing to wear a mask. If you have a health condition that limits your use of a mask, we encourage you to come at less busy times and speak with our staff. They will do their best to let you pick 20 feet away from other customers.
- While in the field picking, if you are a very safe distance of approximately 20 ft away from other customers, you may take your mask off temporarily. It is often very hot, and we understand you need to be able to breathe freely sometimes. We do ask that you be extra respectful of other customers and use your mask when picking within approx. 20 feet of another customer and when walking through the field near other customers.
- While in the field, customers should maintain a distance of 20 feet from other PYO customers.
- Children must always remain within arm’s length of an adult.
- Follow staff instructions regarding where to pick. (These will vary for each crop. For strawberries, remain in the row assigned to you – do not hop rows!)
- To help us maintain lower numbers of people in the PYO fields at one time, please, limit the number of people who come with you that will not be picking.
- NO EATING will be allowed in the field to reduce contamination.
- NO LOITERING – picnics in the field or parking lot are NOT permitted. We encourage you to take your fruit home and wash it before consumption.
- Think of others – if you have any symptoms, DO NOT come to pick your own fruit.
Pick-Your-Own Fruit at Weaver’s Orchard
Pick-your-own fruit at scenic Weaver’s Orchard, just south of Reading, Pennsylvania. People travel from throughout the Mid-Atlantic region to pick our apples, peaches, blueberries, cherries, strawberries and our many other quality fruit crops. We have over thirty varieties of apples and eleven acres of cherries!
Check in here for crop updates and current prices, posted when each crop comes into season. Want more information? Call our market at 610-856-7300 for up-to-the minute reports. Please refer to the “hours” tab on the top of the page for pick-your-own hours, and note our extreme heat advisory policy.
We’re sorry but pets and smoking are not permitted in the orchard or the market grounds.
Season: August-Mid November
Season: Early–Mid July
Season: Late July – Mid August
Season: Early July – Early August
Season: Mid-June -Early July
Season: Mid-Sept – Late Oct
Season: Late July – Mid August
Season: Mid-July – Late August
Season: Late August (PYO). August–January (Market)
Season: Late-Sept to Late Oct (PYO). Mid-Sept to Late Nov (Market)
Season: Late-June (Black). Late-June to Mid-July, & Sept (Red)
Season: Late-May to Mid/Late-June