Looking for things to do with the kids on a summer day?
Bring preschoolers, kindergarteners and elementary school children to Weaver’s Orchard for Read ‘n’ Pick Storytime, an interactive summer kids’ activity where children hear a fruit-themed story and then pick a container of fruit in the orchard.
With the health of our customers and staff in mind, we are taking measures to encourage social distancing and reduce contact between customers and staff, so that everyone can have a great experience learning about the fruit they eat and take some home, all while being safe. We have established new policies for our Read ‘n’ Pick Storytime staff and customers, and we will expect every customer to be respectful of those around them by complying with our policies. While we understand there are many approaches to staying safe during this pandemic, we have established our guidelines based on what we feel most people are comfortable with. We ask that each person consider the safety and comfort levels of their fellow customers.
The cost per attendee (both adults and children ages 2 and up) is $7.50 and each participant will receive a fruit picking container.
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8:30, 9:15, 10:00 and 10:45
Week of July 6th:
This week we will be learning about and picking blueberries, though crops are subject to change. Upon arrival, park in the grass above the market parking lot. We will meet at the white tent in the festival area. It is next to the playground and the goats. Look for the Storytime banner! Seating will be provided. Feel free to call the market at 610-856-7300 if you have any questions.
- All sessions will be held outdoors near the area where picking will take place. Please do not check-in at the market. Watch our website and social media for the location each week.
- Group size is limited to 40 people.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer hayrides to picking locations this year due to social distancing guidelines.
- Some picking locations are not easily accessible by strollers. We recommend all-terrain strollers or baby carriers vs. umbrella strollers. Participants should anticipate walking on uneven terrain in some locations.
- Remember to allow extra travel time for unforeseen delays during travel or otherwise. We will not be able to refund your purchase.
- Masks are required at check-in but are not required when appropriate distancing is met (6 feet from others). We will work to space groups out appropriately and will sanitize benches between groups. *Children ages 2 and under are exempt from needing to wear a mask.*
- If you have a health condition that limits your use of a mask, we encourage you to speak with our staff. They will do their best to let you pick 20 feet away from other customers.
Terms and Conditions
- Refunds will not be offered for late arrivals or “no shows.” Refunds will be provided if Weavers Orchard cancels due to rainy or wet conditions. If you cancel due to a family illness or emergency we will attempt to move your reservation to the next available date.
- Fruit and berry availability will vary. We cannot guarantee you will be picking any specific crop but we will do our best to communicate the crop of the week in advance.
- Picking times with the group cannot be extended since groups from the next time slots will be arriving.
- We understand that requiring adults to pay and pick is a new policy that we have had to implement. One reason is because adults often do want to pick as well, so this will allow adults to pick without having to check in at the PYO shed. The changes necessary to comply with state requirements on public gatherings have also increased our program costs resulting in changes in the event structure and admission fees. We appreciate your understanding.
Learn more about the history of our Read ‘n’ Pick Storytime program.