Read ‘n’ Pick Story Time
Done for the 2023 Season
Need a fun activity for the kids on a bright summer day?
Bring them to Weaver’s Orchard for Read ‘n’ Pick Story Time in the fresh air and sunshine! This is an interactive activity where children hear a fruit-themed story and take a hayride to go pick a container of fruit in the orchard.
Each child and adult will be able to pick a container of fruit! This event is for preschoolers, kindergarteners and elementary school children.
The cost per attendee (both adults and children ages 2 and up) of $9.25 includes an engaging story time, a hayride to the field and back and a container of fruit (which you pick) per attendee valued at $5+
Starting Monday, June 5th, 2023! Every Monday and Wednesday at 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00 June 5th through August 30th.
- All sessions will be held outdoors under the tent in the festival area. Please do not check-in at the market.
- Group size is limited to 30 people.
- A hayride will transport you to the picking locations.
- Some picking locations are not easily accessible by strollers. We recommend all-terrain strollers or baby carriers. Participants should anticipate walking on uneven terrain in some locations.
- Hand sanitizer and hand-washing stations will be available.
- Remember to allow extra travel time for unforeseen delays . We will not be able to refund your purchase.
Add a Snack Pack!
You may also choose to purchase a snack pack during check out. This an easy lunch for you and the kids! Snack packs will be an assortment of meat, cheese, fruit, veggies, crackers, and a sweet treat. Pay for a snack pack and pick it up at the market after Storytime! They can also be delivered to your car via curbside pick up.
Terms and Conditions
- Refunds will not be offered for late arrivals or “no shows.” Refunds will be provided if Weavers Orchard cancels due to rainy or wet conditions. If you cancel due to a family illness or emergency we will attempt to move your reservation to the next available date.
- Fruit and berry availability will vary. We cannot guarantee you will be picking any specific crop but we will do our best to communicate the crop of the week in advance.
- Picking times with the group cannot be extended since groups from the next time slots will be arriving.
Learn more about the history of our Read ‘n’ Pick Storytime program.