On July 12, Ed Deren led his second class for the summer. This one focused on pairing fruit and meat on the grill. Here are his recipes.Print
Italian Sausage in Peppers, Onions and Crushed Garlic
- 2 lbs sausage
- 1 cup onions
- 2 cups green peppers
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grill sausage over medium heat for 6-8 minutes/ remove from heat
- Cut sausage into one inch pieces/ set aside to add to stock
- Chop onions and peppers
- Add onions, pepper and crushed garlic to 2 cups of chicken stock
- Bring stock to boil and add sausage
- Set pot to cool side of grill and simmer for 10 minutes
- Serve on roll
Chorizo Sausage with Apple Cider
- 2 lbs of chorizo sausage
- 1 ½ cups apple cider
- 2 bay leaves
- Grill sausage 5- 8 minutes. Cool and cut into ½ inch slices
- Add sausage to apple cider and bay leaves in medium sauce pan
- Simmer 5-8 minutes until cider thickens/ remove from heat and serve on tooth pick
Pork Tenderloin with Peaches
- 2 or 3 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Nonstick aluminum foil
- 2 cups fresh peaches/ 3 table spoons olive oil
- In small mixing bowl add, onion powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, fresh thyme, Dijon mustard and olive oil/ whisk until blended.
- Add pork loin and mixture to a plastic bag, seal and rub pork. Marinate meat in refrigerator for 4 hours to 24 hours.
- Remove from marinade and set aside for 1 hour for meat to come to room temperature. Prepare grill to medium heat.
- Sear pork on all 4 sides, about 90 seconds per side.
- Grill pork for 5 minutes per side until pork reaches 150 degree with inserted thermometer.
- Places peaches in aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Close bag and place on direct heat for ten minutes.
- Slice pork and add grilled peaches to top of pork and enjoy.
Pork Chops with Mango Pineapple Chutney
- ½ cup diced pineapple
- ½ cup diced mango
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped orange pepper
- 2 limes juiced
- Three dashes of white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- ½ jalapeno pepper minced/ remove seeds if to hot
- Salt to taste
- Pork chop
- Smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Combine chutney ingredients to mixing bowl. Place chutney in small sauce pan and add to medium heat to warm. Do not over cook.
- Prepare Grill to a medium high temperature
- Rub pork chop on both sides with olive oil
- Season pork chop with salt, pepper and smoked paprika
- Grill pork chop 5- 7 minutes per side or until pork reaches internal temperature of 150
- Remove pork from grill rest for 5 minutes and add mango chutney to top of chop.