I’m a sucker for caramel flavor. Caramel Frappuccinos are one of my favorite ways to consume 500 calories (ha!) but I usually opt for ways to drink my coffee that involve less sugar these days. However, when I have the chance I definitely indulge in anything caramel. My sister-in-law has had a bowl of candies sitting out that includes caramels from this fall. I think I’ve single-handedly polished them off for her with every visit to her house lately!
So, to make this caramel craving just a tad healthier, I picked up this creamy caramel dip and locally made Tom Sturgis pretzels available at Weaver’s Orchard Farm Market to make this delicious dip. Did you know that Tom Sturgis is America’s oldest pretzel baking family? Although I picked up the last of the Weaver’s Orchard Creamy Caramel Dips in stock this week, there are still a few different caramel dips to choose from there at the moment.
At the time of writing, Gala apples are the apple of the week special. Shop our online store for Gala apples and much more!
- 1 container creamy caramel dip
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ¼ cup pretzels, crushed
- 3-4 medium snacking apples, such as Stayman
- In a small sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the chopped pecans and sauté, stirring frequently to ensure they don't burn. Remove from heat and let cool once they are toasted.
- Spread creamy caramel dip in a bowl.
- Sprinkle cooled toasted pecans on top, followed by pretzels.
- Slice apples and serve as the dipping agent for the caramel dip. If desired, serve additional pretzels too.
Love apples and caramel? Order an apple caramel walnut pie from our bakery! Now through Saturday, February 1st, buy any pie and get a cherry crumb pie at 50% off.