I’ve been craving raw vegetables this winter, and sometimes traditional leafy green salads get a little bit boring. Plus, I’m always trying to work herbs like parsley and dark green vegetables like kale into my diet. So I adapted this recipe from a recipe shared by one of our teachers during one of our cooking classes this past summer. This wrap was so good that I even ate it for breakfast! Be warned though that the beets are very juicy and their juice can stain. It’s probably not a good idea to eat it while wearing your favorite white shirt!Print
Garden Harvest Slaw Wrap
- Category: Sandwich (Wrap)
- • 3/4 cup beets
- • 3/4 cup carrots
- • 3/4 cup turnips
- • 3/4 cup kohlrabi
- • 3/4 cup kale
- • 3/4 cup parsley
- • 1 small onion
- • Italian dressing. Recommended: Simply Organic Italian dressing packet with olive oil & balsamic vinegar
- • Cream cheese
- • Whole wheat wraps
- Grate all ingredients with a cheese grater or in the food processor.
- Mix in Italian dressing.
- Spread cream cheese lightly over the entire tortilla.
- Scoop the garden harvest slaw into the center of the tortilla.
- Fold the back 1/4 of the tortilla and then roll it into thirds, as pictured above.