- 2 cans of Chickpeas - drained, but not rinsed
- 1 c. Green Peas
- ½ c. Conebella Farm Cheese - I suggest Smoked or Italian Colby or Cheddar
- ¼ - ⅓ c. Slivered Almonds or Chopped Pistachios
- ¼ c. shredded Carrots
- 2-3 Tbsp. Pesto - homemade or store bought
- ¼ tsp. finishing salt or flaky salt
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Serve & enjoy!
When I needed an easy meal idea recently, “leftover makeover” inspiration struck. I combined chickpeas, peas and shredded carrots in a bowl, along with some pesto I purchased prior. Feeling the need to get a little bit of salty tang, I reached for Conebella Cheese and grated it. I suggest smoked or Italian Colby or Cheddar.