Asparagus is here! And I’m sure glad– after surviving an entire winter on frozen veggies and imported salad greens I’m thrilled to have something green, fresh, and local to eat! (Asparagus doesn’t get much more local then having it grow right in your own ” front yard” or “field”). This veggie is so tasty I got to wondering– why not eat it for every meal? Here is my recipe for an Asparagus Breakfast Frittata (but you can go ahead and eat it for lunch and supper too)!Print
Orchard-Fresh Asparagus Breakfast Frittata
- Handful of freshly harvested asparagus, chopped into bite sized pieces.
- 2 – 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely diced onions
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dried or fresh oregano, diced (optional)
- Chives (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a small oven-proof frying pan on medium heat. Add asparagus and onions. Sauté until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle on the herbs and add Parmesan cheese. Stir them in a bit.
- Crack your eggs in a separate bowl and beat with a fork. Add to a small frying pan. Stir slightly to combine ingredients but then let them sit at medium heat until the bottom is set and the top is partially cooked around the edges.
- Remove from stove top and place on top oven rack. Broil on high until the eggs are cooked through. (Make sure you watch it cook so that it doesn’t burn!)
Note: Here is a link that I’ve found with a recipe for Greek Yogurt that you all might enjoy!