Not-So-Low-Calorie Sauteed Apples
- 4 honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add apples.
- Cook, stirring constantly, about 6 or 7 minutes until apples are almost tender. Mix cornstarch with ¼ cup water.
- Add to skillet and stir. Stir in the remaining water, brown sugar and cinnamon. Boil 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and serve warm with your waffles!