Carrot Cake with “Cream Cheese” Frosting
- 5 cups carrot pulp from about 3 lbs. juiced carrots
- 1 3/4 cups sunflower seeds
- 2 1/4 cups pitted dates
- 2 3/4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 3 tsp. ground cinnamon
“Cream Cheese” Frosting
- 1 1/2 cup cashews
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup water, as needed
- To make cake, place carrot pulp in a large bowl.
- Next, process sunflower seeds in a fine powder in your food processor. slowly add in dates and mix well. Scoop into bowl with carrot pulp. Add nutmeg and cinnamon and mix well.
- To make frosting, place cashews, lemon juice, agave and water in your blender. Blend into a smooth frosting.
- Mold dough into desired cake shape.
- Spread frosting over cake and serve.
- Will keep 4 days in the fridge.