Gluten Free Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups Bob’s Red mill 1 to 1 Gluten free Flour (or use regular flour but only use 1 cup).
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 4–5 eggs
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 2 tsp Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp salt
(If you follow these instructions in the proper order, I promise you these pancakes will be fluffier and tastier than even regular ones!)
- Add 2 tsp apple cider vinegar to milk, stir, and let stand to the side. Beat the eggs and slowly add the melted butter when it’s partially cooled. Add the milk and mix some more. Add the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Mix until thoroughly combined. Allow mixture to sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes. You’ll see a little bit of bubbling. (Realistically, some mornings I don’t have time to let them sit, but they’ll get extra fluffy if you do).
- I love using a cast iron griddle for these, but whatever type of pan you’re using, make sure it’s good and hot so that when you drip a little bit of water on it—it bubbles and dances across the pan. The key to making these pancakes is not to flip them too soon. I wait until I see little bubbles forming on the sides and towards the center before flipping.