- Category: Dessert
- 6 cups ANY berries
- Juice of half a lemon or lime
- Zest of half a lemon or lime
- 1 sprig or two pinches of spice or herb you like (such as mint)
- 1/4 cup minute tapioca
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk or buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Mix fruit together gently and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and butter together. (Diana Penn places a damp cloth on the counter under the bowl to keep the bowl from slipping.)
- Whisk flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Cream the dry and wet mixture together: Add 1/3 of the dry mixture to the wet. Add half of the milk to the wet. Add 1/3 of the dry mixture to the wet. Add the other half of the milk to the wet. Add the rest of the dry mixture to the wet.
- Add fruit filling into a pan (sprayed with cooking spray) and pour the batter on top.
- Bake at 350F until fruit is bubbling and cobbler is lightly brown.