- 1 package yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- 4–5 large tart apples (or peaches or pears), peeled, cored and sliced about ¼ inch thick.
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or try pumpkin pie spice for the holidays)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg or 2 egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Combine crust ingredients in a medium bowl until crumbly. Press this mixture lightly into a 9 x 13 pan and bake 10 minutes.In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. In another small bowl, whisk together sour cream and egg.
- Arrange the apple wedges on top of the warm crust. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture on top of apples. Drizzle all with sour cream-egg mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until the edges of the crust are golden and apples are tender.