Local Apple & Pear Harvest Salad
- 1 large Bosc pear (or two medium)
- 1 medium semi-tart apple (Honey Crisp, Cortland, or Jonathan would work great!)
- 1 large tomato
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 bag of fresh baby spinach
- 1 pound September Farms medium Cheddar cheese, chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup of walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1–2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2–3 garlic cloves (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt, to taste
- Wash and dice the pear, apple and tomato (leaving skins on). Wash lettuce and spinach and shred to desired size.
- Mix in a large salad bowl. Add cheese and walnuts.
- Separately, prepare the dressing by mixing dressing ingredients together in a container with a lid (I like to use a jelly jar). Just before serving, drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad and serve.