- Educational resources for teachers from National Agriculture in the Classroom Organization
- Johnny Appleseed’s birthday
- Eight apple activities for preschoolers
- Preschool activities about apples for math, literacy and more
- Pollination lesson plan from Kids Gardening
- Apple tree growth life cycle lesson plan from Scholastic
- Elizabeth Weaver’s top 10 ideas for media-free days
- Snowy day activities: Stone Soup
- An apple-themed lesson plan that incorporates dried apples and a classic birds-nest pudding.
- Make crafts from nature: animals made from nature finds like pine cones!
Summer Educational Resources for Parents
Bring your kids to our summer learning programs!
Looking for things to do with the kids on a summer day? Bring preschoolers, kindergarteners and elementary school children to Weaver’s Orchard for Read ‘n’ Pick Story Time, an interactive summer kids’ activity where children hear a fruit-themed story and then pick a container of fruit in the orchard.
Food’s journey from the field to your fork is fascinating! Join in the fun as educator Brandon Hertzler connects children to the wonders of farming through games, stories, and hands-on learning. This program is geared for children ages 7 to 10+.
For questions regarding the planting of fruit trees, Adams County Nursery has a planting guide with the planting practices that we use.
For questions regarding the pruning of fruit trees, we highly recommend following the advice of the Penn State University’s Agricultural Extension.