Weaver's Orchard Photo Contest
Weaver’s Orchard Photo Contest Judging Criteria
Our recent selection of photo contest winners has sparked some interest in how we choose our winners. We look for several things and want to let our customers know to keep this in mind for next year.
- Our contest is judged by 3-5 Weaver's Orchard staff members. We encourage interaction with the photos on Facebook such as "liking" or "sharing" the photos and we do take this into account when judging, however our staff makes the final decision based on the best quality photo that can be used for our future marketing materials.
- Photos must clearly demonstrate that the subject is at our farm
- Photos should be high quality and hi-resolution (300 DPI, iPhone photos will not be considered).
- Photos should not be blurry or overly shadowy
- Photos should communicate action/interaction with crops, farm events or play area
- The subject (if a person or animal) should be facing the camera
- Photos should not have any color effects - they should be close to their original format
- Since we have a wide variety of crops, we try to feature different crops in each winning spot
2012 Weaver's Orchard On-Farm Photo Contest Details
Photo Contest Prizes:
1st Prize - $50 Weaver’s Orchard Gift Card
2nd Prize - $25 Weaver’s Orchard Gift Card
3rd Prize - $10 Weaver’s Orchard Gift Card
This season while you are at the orchard, be sure to bring your camera and take photos of your experience on the farm! All qualifying media may be featured on our website, Facebook page and promotional material! We will also send the photos of the winners to the local newspapers for publication. We encourage our Facebook followers to comment on and “like” their favorite entries.
Photos Must Meet the Following Criteria:
- Photos must be taken at Weaver’s Orchard in 2013.
- Only three submissions per entrant.
- Contest only open to amateur photographers.
- Not open to Weaver's Orchard employees or their families.
You must fill out an official form and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Photos must be submitted by November 30th, 2013.
- Winners will be notified by December 31st, 2013.
- Photos must be submitted by emailing digital photos (must be .jpg file to qualify) with the words “Photo Contest” in the subject line with the photo contest form (above) completed. The email address to send photos to is listed on the official form.
- Photos must be titled with your first and last name. (Example: JohnSmith.jpg)
- Media must be in high resolution to qualify (photos that are blurry or are lower than 180 dpi may not be accepted or published). Photos taken on smart phones are not high enough resolution to win. Photos must be in their original form and cannot have borders or color effects.
Photo Contest Terms and Conditions:
By entering this contest, you understand that this photo and the provided captions become property of Weaver’s Orchard. You authorized Weaver’s Orchard to use this photo in promotional material, on their website, Facebook page and other media without further notification or compensation.